Sunday, January 25, 2009

Keepin' the faith...

As you can see from the date, my upkeep with the blog has been mediocre at best. The good news is, it's because BabyHipWear is really starting to catch fire. The bad news? When I do write I feel like I am going to forget something major so I wrack my brain, and get a headache. I've been analyzing, as I always do with everything in my life, what has changed in the past month that has sales climbing, inquiries hitting my inbox daily and overall awareness peaking? The answer is simple. Google.

Whereas before, when you would type in keywords like "hip dysplasia clothing" or "spica cast clothing" you'd get some random dog dysplasia sites, some support group sites like the fantastically helpful http://www.hip-baby.org/, and then, if I were lucky, me. Now with all of the increase in press, the bloggers writing about BabyHipWear and my own online support group (see links on right side), it is reflected on Google what has been true all along- BabyHipWear OWNS the market for hip dysplasia clothing. Which brings me to a recent email exchange I had with a fellow 'hip' mom......
J's son is 4 years old and has cerebral palsy. As a result he deals with a lot of ortho issues. Currently he is wearing a spica cast for his latest surgery and we are in the process of custom making pants for him to deal with the bar in between his legs that is attached to the cast to keep his legs apart. His mom is nothing short of awesome and has been through a lot with her son in his short life. She was ecstatic to find that a company like BabyHipWear exists. In her own words: "I just couldn't accept that no one has clothing for children in casts and I believe in the law of attraction. If you believe something is out there then it will be. Works for me."

Works for me too J. I'm glad you searched, found us, and that we have the honor of creating some 'hip' clothing for your already hip little boy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers