Friday, March 27, 2009

You say potato, I say...NO WAY!

Potato sack... Potentially fun if you are in a race with one on, or are one of the Brady Bunch, but not so fun if you are trying to pass off clothing that is too big and you look like one.

When Emma was diagnosed with hip dysplasia she spent nearly 90% of the time looking like a potato sack. I tried, (I really did!), to find clothing appropriate for her. It wasn't summer, so dresses weren't a real good climate choice, so I resorted to buying oversized stretchy pants and oversized shirts to fit over her harness.



Witness Exhibit A.
<------------

At the time I couldn't believe that there wasn't a company catering to these children's needs. So, I started BabyHipWear back in March of '08. Though the clothing wasn't officially for sale until July 4th, 2008 (a conscious decision to launch on that date to demonstrate the 'freedom' these children would one day have from their binding therapies), it took a while to get the clothing just right. I don't settle for anything in life, let alone settling for ill fitting clothes for my child. Dysplasia is hard enough on the people who love the child, why not put them in clothing that actually fits?



Witness Exhibit B.
<--------

I take no greater joy than seeing children in BabyHipWear so please feel free to email me pictures of your child in his/her finest 'hip' attire and I will post it on my blog!

Continued healing...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers